Baby Jogger’s Limited Lifetime Warranty*
Baby Jogger New Zealand offers a lifetime warranty on the frame from manufacturer defects (i.e. defects that occurred during the production process) regarding the frame of the stroller for purchases made in the NZ from the date of conclusion of the purchase contract. "Lifetime" means that the defects described above are covered for the entire time of use of the pushchair by the first-time user for children within the maximum weight limit as stated specified in the user manual. The first-time user must be in possession of the original purchase receipt. Required is a proper use, handling and care of the pushchair in accordance with the user manual.
Manufacturer defects include, but are not limited to, the breaking of welds and frame tube damage.
Textile or soft side materials, the folding mechanism, and all other components shall be warranted for one year from the date of purchase (except for tubes and tires). Proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim and the warranty is only extended to the original purchaser.
Warranty does not cover:
- Misuse or poor maintenance
- Damage caused by improper installation of Baby Jogger parts and/or accessories
- Damage caused by corrosion, mold, rust, sun intensity, sweat, detergents, sunscreen, damp storage or frequently washing
- Normal wear and tear
- Repairs or modifications carried out by a third party
- Buggy is purchased from an unauthorized retailer
- Buggy is purchased used or second hand
- Buggy is damaged as a result of an accident, airline or freight damage
Conditions for claiming the lifetime warranty:
- Presentation of the original purchase receipt by first-time user;
- Presentation of serial number and manufacturing date which can be found on the frame of the stroller;
- Lifetime warranty claims must be reported to Baby Jogger NZ, presenting the purchase receipt, serial number, manufacturing date and an informative description of the manufacturer defect, including relevant images and/or video;
- If Valid Warranty claims are made outside of the country where the stroller has been purchased, additional shipping charges for the return of the stroller or sending of a part will apply and be at the consumer’s expense;
- In case of valid warranty claims Baby Jogger NZ will replace the affected component or the entire pushchair at its discretion.
*This warranty does not cover: City Lite, Mini Zip and City Tour strollers
Baby Jogger Car Seat Limited Warranty
Baby Jogger car seats are warranted against defective materials or workmanship for one year from the original date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required.
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Corrosion or rust
- Incorrect assembly or the installation of third party parts or accessories not compatible with the original design
- Accidental or intentional damage, abuse or neglect
- Commercial use
- Improper storage/care of the unit
Please note that while the warranty may not be honored, replacement parts can be purchased for repair. For more warranty information please refer to each individual product manual.
Required for Warranty:
- The Serial Number ( Starts with a BJ and is engraved onto the frame of the stroller)
- Manufactured date ( engraved into the frame under the Serial Number )
- Item or Model Number – ( on a Sticker near the rear wheel located on the frame)
- Colour of Stroller
- Model of Stroller
- Proof of Purchase
A receipt from an authorised Baby Jogger retailer is required to fulfill a warranty claim. If you no longer have a receipt, we recommend contacting the authorised retailer that you purchased from to obtain a copy if available.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Baby First reserves the right to review and assess all products before replacement. You are responsible to returning the product for assessment, so we can complete all warranty claims.